It's now official: you'll be soon able to post your questions on any topic to an audience of over 500 million people, as promissed by Facebook. Facebook has introduced a new 'ask a question' option, which will allow you:
- to post questions;
- upload photos;
- create polls and get:
- personalized answers,
and all that in an attempt to leverage "collective wisdom",to which I'd add: worldwide wisdom! Wondering about the benefits? To name just a few:
- all questions will become visible to all Facebook users (although you'll still have the option to restrict the option and make it visible only among your followers/friends;
- all questions will become browsable and thus...- searcheable!!
- they can also be tagged with specific themes so that people with interests in those areas are more likely to see them!
- also, to ask a question to the community, you'll just click the "Ask Question" button at the top of the homepage. You can also ask questions about your friends from their profiles, similarly to how you would post on their Walls:
- Moreover, you'll be able to browse answers from people with deeper knowledge on a topic or click "Follow" under any question to receive a notification each time someone submits a new answer.
So, basically you'll now have a blend of some Twitter options (in terms of broadcasting) and a bit of LinkedIn and Yahoo!Answers with their Q&A tools and polls..Nice having it all under one umbrella, right?
Anyway, the service is only available at the moment to a small number of beta testers (50 000 selected users), who will provide a feedback, based on which we'll see the final product on our "update profile" tables:)
As for the opportunities to make your voices heard - either as a merchant, an advertiser or just any random user - remember to craft your questions neat and nicely, so that you'll get your audience and why not - follow it!
Have fun and see you on Facebook Q&A!!